Tuesday, October 7, 2014

INK REVIEW: Private Reserve Blue Suede


Private Reserve Blue Suede

Pen: Pilot Vanishing Point Medium Nib (18K)
& Monteverde Intima Volcano Fine Nib.

Paper: Cardstock & Apica

Price: $11.00 for 66ml bottle
(.16 cents per ml)

Color(s): Turquoise/Blue-Green/Teal



















This is definitely a beautiful ink! I have had this ink on my wishlist for quite some time. Finally, I received it in an ink sample package order and was able to ink up two pens. My Pilot vanishing point Medium 18K nib and a Monteverde Intima Volcano. As you can see by the sample, this ink performs differently depending on the type of pen  you have it in. I have noticed that with my Pilot Vanishing point, it tends to bring out the colors and shading of inks MUCH better than some of my other pens.  Now I am not a fan of the nibs that come with Monteverde pens and usually have them swapped out for a Goulet Pen #6 two tone nib (which performs 5x better than the nib that come with a Monteverde - and are cheaper to purchase as well).

As you can see, the two different pens bring out two different shades of this ink.


Other similar links for this Ink:

No comments:

Post a Comment