Yup. I cleaned them. I think I spent over an hour, cleaning the pens (flushing) and rinsing out converters and cartridges which I plan to re-use. There are two pens in which the ink had sat in them for so long (way too long for a fountain pen) and the ink had dried 10x over on them! So rinsing was just not an option. They are currently soaking in some rinse. Hopefully that helps get the ink off of them.
However, I worked hard enough to get two of them clean enough and refilled with ink. I am looking forward to doing some writing tonight and seeing how they do. Either they will write great or they will need more cleaning and fine tuning.
|Baoer Fountain Pen|
|Ohto Dude - Japanese|
These old finds mean....REVIEWS! Yes I will be doing reviews in the near future of not only these pens I have cleaned and found, but some of the inks that they currently are inked up with. Here is what you can look forward to in the near future....
- Ohto Dude Review
- Baoer Fountain Pen Review
- Baoer Comparison Fountain Pen review (may combine with the previous one)
- Diamine Oxblood Ink Review
- De Atramentis William Shakespeare Ink Review
- Diamine Rustic Brown Ink Review
- Noodler's Army Green Ink Review