Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Ink Review: J. Herbin Bouquet D'antan


I finally got around to doing my review for this ink. I purchased a sample from Goulet Pens and needless to say, I am very glad it was only a sample. I took some photos, but it seems that no matter how much I brighten the pictures, that somewhere between transferring from my phone and the computer, they get dark. So I will attach a photo from Goulet's website at the end of this review to help accurately show you the color of this ink.


Comparison: Hero 266 Fine point VS. Lamy Al-Star Fine point
I inked up two pens to do this review. Mainly because I was struggling to really want to even review this ink. With the trouble I was having with this ink in my Lamy Al-Star and the frustration of dumping the ink back in the bottle, cleaning the pen (thinking it was the pen and not the ink) and trying it all over again, it was very frustrating and disappointing.

As you can see from the photo above ^^ there is definitely a difference with the ink in the two different pens. Honestly, the Hero 266 might even be an extra fine point. I ordered these pens over a year ago and they sat in my dresser since then. Now, please excuse the scribbled out mistakes. I had not had any coffee when I did this, and was distracted by a few kids.

The Hero 266 seem to take to this ink better than my Lamy did. It writes darker and does not appear to be as watery as it was with the Lamy.

 
It also appears that it takes longer to dry when using a Lamy pen.
 
 
 
 I must say, after looking at the images shown on multiple websites, I had thought this ink would have done better. I did notice that with my Lamy Al-Star, it does seem to go on light, but when it dries, it dries a bit darker.


You can even see the difference in the line tests between the two pens with this ink.



 

Overall, I rated this ink with 2 stars. I was not impressed with this at all. Maybe it would work great for an ink to paint with or something. But for writing, this ink sucks.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Funny you should say that. I have a few ink samples that I have saved the rest for art projects. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly what I was thinking of doing with it. I do arts and crafts now and then, so I might put it to use one day :)

    ReplyDelete